Retail Payments Strategy & boosting Instant Payments across Europe
Hays Littlejohn, CEO of EBA CLEARING, speaks in the lead up to EBAday 2021 to FinextraTV about European Retail Payments Strategy. We hear what this means for the role of EBA CLEARING, the increased activity in 2021 to boost instant payments across Europe, what RT1 has in the pipeline to help its participants and what kind of new instant payment and request to pay opportunities we can expect PSPs t…
“Panel on the future of innovative payments & the role of the digital euro”
“The payments landscape in the EU and internationally is undergoing a radical transformation. The European Commission will shortly be presenting legislation revising the Payment Services Directive, creating the legal framework for a digital euro and creating a framework for data exchange through legislation on open finance.
Late last year, the European Commission already proposed making instant payments mandatory in the EU.
The panel will explore how these different legislative initiatives fit together, what the payment landscape will look like in five years and how these initiatives relate to the G20 commitment of reducing the costs and barriers
for cross-border payments globally. What does the payment sector tell us about the expected policy and regulatory response to new technological developments in other parts of the financial services industry?
• Céu Pereira, Payment Team Leader, Retail Payments Strategy, DG FISMA, European Commission
• Evelien Witlox, Program Director Digital Euro for the European Central Bank (ECB)
• Elie Beyrouthy, Chair, EPIF and Vice President European Government Affairs, American Express
• Massimo Doria, Deputy Director General of the Directorate General for Currency Circulation and
Retail Payments and Head of Innovation Center “Milano Hub” of Banca d’Italia
• Tsvetelina Penkova, Member of the European Parliament
• Mette Grolleman, Senior Vice President, Government Engagement, Europe, VISA”
European Payments Initiative & EC Retail Payments Strategy Panel Discussion
A lively panel discussion that will explore topics and questions such as:
– What is the European Payments Initiative (EPI)?
– How does the EPI relate to the EC Retail Payments Strategy?
– What difference will it make to consumers and businesses across Europe?
– Who should be interested in the EPI and how do they get engaged?
This live event was organized by Currency Research.
Currency Research is dedicated to all aspects of the currency function and central bank payments and has undertaken research and consulting projects to promote a deeper understanding of industry issues, to equip industry stakeholders with the most up-to-date information on trends, strategies, solutions, services, and technologies.
Discover more here: https://currencyresearch.com/
European Instant Payments Regulation: What’s New and What it Means for Banks
RedCompass Labs helps financial institutions deliver profitable, secure, end-to-end payment and financial crime services and solutions. Find out how: https://www.redcompasslabs.com
The European Commission published a press release regarding the upcoming instant payments regulation. We’ve reviewed the proposed regulation and analyzed what this good news for European consumers means for their banks.
Subscribe to our newsletter and updates for the latest in payments and financial crime news https://offers.redcompass.com/subscribe
#SEPA #100seconds #futureofpayments