Dhaba Style Nagauri Dal Recipe
You must have eaten many types of lentils such as arhar, pea, lentil, urad lentil, moong dal etc. These are all the main pulses that are often made in our house. But have you ever eaten Dhaba Style Nagauri Dal? Nagaur is a district and city council of Rajasthan, Nagauri Dal is named after this Nagaur because Nagauri Dal is Famous in Nagaur city. Let us know without delay, how to make Dhaba style Nagauri Dal recipe –
Masoor Dal – 1/2 Cup
Arhar Dal – 1/4 Cup
Cumin Seed – 1 Teaspoon
Fennel – 1 Teaspoon
Dry Red chilly – 5 to 6
Garlic Paste – 1 Teaspoon
Ginger Paste – 1 Teaspoon
Onion – 1 Big
Kasoori Methi – 1 Teaspoon
Red Chilly Powder – 1 Teaspoon
How to make Dhaba style Nagauri Dal recipe
1. To make Dhaba Style Nagauri Dal Tadka, first, take 1/2 cup Masoor Dal and along with 1/4 cup Arhar Dal.
2. Clean both the pulses and soak them in water for 4 hours.
3. After that when the lentils soak water well, then filter the dal well and put it in the cooker and cook it for 4 whistles.
4. Now take a pan for tadka and heat ghee in it.
5. Now add 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon fennel and a little asafetida to the ghee and mix.
6. After that add 5 to 6 pieces of dry red chilli, 1 teaspoon garlic paste and 1 teaspoon ginger and stir on low flame for 15 to 20 seconds.
7. Here we will not use the whole tadka together, we will take out a little tadka which we will put in the lentils next.
8. After removing some tempering, add 1 big finely chopped onion to the remaining tempering and cook it for 1 to 2 minutes.
9. Once the color of onion turns brown, add salt and finely chopped green coriander and 1 tablespoon Kasuri methi to it.
10. Now roast coriander, fenugreek and onion for 1 to 2 minutes.
11. After this, add 1 teaspoon mango powder and 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
12. We will stir all the spices for 15 to 20 seconds and then add the lentils to it.
13. After adding the lentils, add some water to it, which will make its consistency thick and it will be nice to see the lentils.
14. Now, stir it till the dal comes to a boil and then remove it from the gas.
15. We will keep the tempering leftover, reheat it and add some fenugreek and red chilli powder to it and put the tempering in the instant dal.
16. For decoration add green coriander and enjoy the hot Nagauri dal. You can eat Nagauri dal with roti, rice, parantha etc.