Carrot Halwa Recipe – How to Make Gajar Ka Halwa
Carrot Halwa (Gajar ka halwa) is a popular Indian sweet recipe often served as a dessert in many restaurants. It is eaten a lot in the winter because carrots are very high in the market during the winter season. The beauty of this recipe is that no one will recognize that it was made from a vegetable.
Carrots are eaten in many forms such as salads, mixed with vegetables, pickles, and carrot pudding which is most preferred. There are also many benefits of eating carrots, such as carrot is very beneficial for the eyes because it contains vitamin A, and carrots are also very beneficial for increasing blood.
Today we will tell you about the recipe for how to make carrot pudding (Halwa of Carrot). In this recipe, we will tell you about Khoya Halwa and how to make Khoya at home.
|Milk Cow/Buffalo||1.5 Litre|
|Raisin (Kismish)||1/4 Cup|
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 Table Spoon|
Method for Making Carrot Halwa
1. Purchase fresh carrots from the market, wash the carrot thoroughly with water, and grind it, and cover all the carrots with the pot after grinding.
2. To make khoya carrot pudding, first Heat 1-liter milk in a vessel. Keep in mind that if you want to make pure khoya at home, do use buffalo or cow milk, do not use toned milk as it will not make khoya good.
3. Keep heating the milk on a low flame, when the milk reduces to half then add ½ cup sugar to it so that the milk becomes thick.
4. After adding sugar, keep stirring it on low flame, otherwise its color will turn from white to brown, after the khoya becomes thick, keep it to cool.
5. Now take a pan and add ghee to it and let it heat up.
6. Then add almonds, cashew nuts, raisin, pistachios, and other dry fruits in ghee and roast them on low heat.
8. After roasting all the dry fruits, cut them into small pieces.
9. Now heat 2 to 3 teaspoons of ghee in the pan again, add the grated carrot, and mix well, after mixing leave it to cook on a medium flame for 30 minutes.
10. Mix the carrot by opening the lid in the middle so that the cooked carrot comes down and the raw carrot goes down.
11. As the carrot continues to cook, it will only reduce. After half an hour, add ½ cup of boiled milk to the carrot and mix it well, after mixing, cook it again on low flame for 15 minutes.
12. After 15 minutes of cooking, add 1 cup of sugar and mix it, after that cook it again for 15 minutes.
13. Now add cardamom powder, this makes the taste of halwa even better, after adding cardamom, add all the chopped dry fruits and khoya.
14. Mix well after adding all the ingredients and cook for 15 minutes on low flame. After 15 minutes, stir the lid and turn off the gas. If you like ghee more than you can add more ghee to the halwa.
Now your carrot pudding is ready. You should try making it at home, especially in festivals like Deepawali, Christmas, New Year, Makar Sankranti / Lohri, and Holi. Carrot Pudding is very easy to make.
Follow and Like Our Facebook Page